Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Test Dummy

I live in a little sunny town, in a little blue house, in a little messy room. In this messy little room is a messy little Parisa who loves photography, portraiture to be precise. That messy little room is where most of the magic happens. Granted, it is no studio, by far, but I make it work. I have light stands, umbrellas, a tripod, and my camera with a handy-dandy Speed-light. Sadly, I dont have models on demand, just hanging around in my room, however lovely and pleasant that may sound. So, in lieu of this recession of models lounging in my abode, I take it upon myself to test creative ideas, lighting, equipment, etc. I am my own test dummy to say the least. This can be a difficult task due to the fact that a human arm is only so long or that getting the focus adjusted correctly before setting the shutter timer is a pain, and not always accurate. I wish I had a helper monkey that could be behind the camera (If only my cat, Shakespeare could be of use in that area). Despite these difficulties, I manage to get a few good shots every once in a while. In the past year, here are some of my favorites:

























No comments:

Post a Comment